The PRESENCE Postdoctoral Fellow Training Program consists of 1 year of supervised practice and meets the requirements for licensure as a Psychologist in the State of Texas. You receive world-class training, work as part of a warm, connected and friendly team, and develop advanced skills as a private practice practitioner. You will have the opportunity to conduct long-term psychotherapy with relatively high functioning adults and live in the great city of Austin!
We operate an integrative wellness center focused in psychotherapy, which will allow you to learn and develop experience with integrative treatment plans and work with a multidisciplinary team of experts in mental, physical, and relationship health. We treat the whole person: Mind, body, heart and spirit. Learn about mindfulness-based strategies, therapeutic yoga, neuroscience-based treatment protocols and methods, medication, psychobiology, genomics, nutrition and more. Our clinic is growing, and we are looking for talented individuals seeking to live in and make their career in Austin long-term.
Training & Clinical Director: Tracy Carver, PhD
Our program consists of:
Training Goals & Objectives
- To help you develop into an elite private practice therapist, well versed in a variety of leading-edge modalities
- To acquaint you with various approaches to psychotherapy such as group, couples, and individual psychotherapy
- To help you develop an understanding of neuroscience-informed treatment protocols
- To deepen you relational skills, empathy, and warmth, and ability to work deeply within the therapeutic relationship
- Competence delivering interpersonal, systemic, and CBT-based psychotherapy as well as other therapeutic orientations and modalities
- Development of advanced empathy and skill facilitating emotional exploration and insight
- Treatment of complex cases including coordination between treatment professionals involved in integrative care
- Assessing cases at the intersection of intrapsychic, systemic, and biological issues and utilizing a neuroscience-informed perspective
- Development of multi-stage treatment plans and management of the flow of focus across the arc of treatment
- Individual psychotherapy in a private practice setting
- Opportunity to help develop and implement integrative treatment plans
- Option to engage in couples therapy
- Option to facilitate group therapy, including interpersonal process groups or groups with a specific focus
- Evaluation is conducted in an ongoing fashion with feedback provided during weekly individual supervision with Dr. Carver and training sessions with other licensed professionals
- Formal evaluations are conducted biannually
To read about our grievance procedures for trainees, please click here.
The Presence Wellness Postdoctoral Fellowship Program meets the licensure requirements for postdoctoral supervised practice. Satisfactory completion of the Presence Wellness Postdoctoral Fellowship Program meets the postdoctoral supervised practice requirements for licensure set forth by the Texas State Board of Examiners of Psychologists (TSBEP): https://www.tsbep.texas.gov
Presence Wellness dedicates ample resources to training and supervision. We pride ourselves on training in and then offering leading edge approaches in the field. Training Director Dr. Tracy Carver is an award-winning, Harvard-trained Psychologist with 10 years of experience in direct patient care. Practice owner John Howard in known as one of the top couples therapists in the United States and offers world-class training in relationship therapies. Adjunct educator Dr. Tori Olds offers advanced training in humanistic, emotion-focused and depth individual therapy. Our facility is a professional office building in the Westlake part of Austin. Currently, during the pandemic, all supervision and training sessions are conducted online.
To apply for our Postdoctoral Training Program, simply contact our office at 512-469-0535 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or email our Clinical Director Dr. Tracy Carver at email@example.com.