Chris Byrne, LPC
Couples and Individual Therapist
Chris is a kind, compassionate, and insightful therapist who believes that we are all wired to heal and grow. His focus is to help clients achieve a sense of wholeness and to gain a greater connection and awareness to themselves, and those in their lives. Through a nurturing, collaborative relationship, he helps clients uncover their inherent inner wisdom and truth, guiding them toward a more harmonious way of being. His approach is warm, genuine, caring, and playful, with an openness that welcomes and holds space for all the unique parts of the human experience. Chris specializes in working with individuals, couples, and process groups.
Chris holds a Master’s degree in Counseling from St. Edward’s University and a Bachelor’s degree in Philosophy from the State University of New York. With a solid foundation in philosophy and a deep interest in understanding human nature, Chris brings a unique perspective to the counseling field.
As a dedicated individual, couple, and group therapist, Chris specializes in a range of areas, including:
- Couple Therapy/Relationship Concerns
- Intimacy and connection
- Interpersonal Growth
- Identity and Self-Expression
- Anxiety & Depression
- Grief and Loss
- Attachment concerns
- Depth Exploration
- Spiritual Growth and Integration
- Sorting Through Our Human Experience
- Psychedelic integration
Chris has a diverse range of training and incorporates a variety of therapeutic approaches. He has devoted himself to learning and integrating the leading-edge therapeutic approaches that provide deep healing and change. As someone constantly seeking continued growth and freedom, Chris is passionate about learning through his own internal work, as well as studying with leaders in the field. Part of a multicultural family, he likes working with clients from diverse backgrounds and supporting parents in their journey of raising young people.
- EMDR trained
- DEEP Experiential Skills Certified (Dynamic Enriched Experiential Psychotherapy)
- AEDP trained (Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy)
- PACT Level 1 (Psychobiological Approach to Couple Therapy) with Stan Tatkin, Psy D
- John Howard, MFT, LPC of Presence. Chris has been mentored/supervised by John since 2017 and continues to consult with and be influenced by him
- Trained with Dr. Tori Olds in Minding the Heart – Incorporating heart-centered therapy techniques, Advanced Minding the Heart, and Coherence Therapy training group with Tori and Bruce Ecker
- Jack Kornfield – Training in Buddhist Psychology – Integrating mindfulness and wisdom.
- Buddhist meditation training and studies
- Mystical/transpersonal studies and experiential groups
- Ongoing Modern Analytic training groups
Chris is married with three children, and likes spending time with his family, being in nature, and playing music. A drummer for most of his life, Chris approaches life in an intuitive, spontaneous way, much like creating music.
4407 Bee Caves Rd, Ste 422
Austin, TX 78746